Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I feel the need...

The need for speed!

Elizabeth's new favorite game is chase. Whether she's chasing the dog or me or having me chase her, it's all hilariously funny to her. She'll stop mid-chase and dissolve into giggles. She also likes to play a variation on my sisters' and my old game of "Oops, I'm Sorry." She goes one way around the downstairs and expects her co-player to go the other. When she sees the co-player, she bursts out into laughter.

I'm ready to toss all the baby feeding manuals that say that babies prefer bland foods. Elizabeth has decided that nice bland bananas are no longer delicious. When bananas come near her, she clamps her lips shut and turns her head away. She prefers things like black bean soup, applesauce with cinnamon, and corn chowder. We tried her on the corn chowder tonight and she scarfed down almost an entire bowl replete with black pepper and thyme. She looked interested in her dad's asiago peppercorn bread, but both LB and I thought that the bread was a little too chewy for her four teeth.

In New Baby News, my doctor thinks he's probably going to come early like his big sister did. I'm okay with that as there isn't much I can think of to recommend about being pregnant in Georgia in the summertime...provided he doesn't come till after Saturday afternoon. We're having company then and I'm looking forward to seeing them!

3 comments:

Talia said...

If she's ready to eat off of your plate, let her. Aerin was like that and much preferred what we had to what she had from about ten months onward. It IS the goal after all and I've found that Aerin is a better eater than Will was. He stayed on baby food much longer than she did and then became picky. I can't help but think I missed a window of opportunity with his tastebuds or something.

Unknown said...

That's what we're doing -- it's a lot easier than making baby food for her!

HotMommy said...

Be prepared for a long stretch of the chase game popularity. Punkinhead's over two years now and is still crazy about it. She'll yell "I chase you!" and then push you to run. Or she'll start running away and yell, "Running, running!" which is our cue to chase her.