Saturday, May 2, 2009

Swimming Lessons

(crossposted between LB&GG and FC)
Elizabeth is taking swimming lessons. Yes, at 9 months old. I was skeptical, but it's turning into quite the daddy-daughter bonding thing. My wife can't quite do it as she is 7 months pregnant and can't find a swimsuit she likes.

So, that leaves me. Elizabeth deigns to be floated on her tummy. She's not so fond of being on her back, and she's non-plussed when we jump up and down and then go underwater for a second, but she does them. The point is to get her USED to water. She likes it! She also already knows to hold on to the side (by herself!) and will sit on the side and jump in/tip herself over in to the water and daddy's waiting arms when dad asks "Can you be my little mermaid?"

This is FUN to see the bonding and the look she gives of absolute trust in me.

I'm...overwhelmed at that moment.

-Logic Boy

1 comment:

Johnnie Avocado said...

wait...you have a 9 month old, and your wife is 7 months pregnant? Holy Cow..... you guys don't mess around....er.....well....figuratively speaking...hahaha