Thursday, October 2, 2008

Family Update

Dear Elizabeth (or Gloriana as I sometimes call her) has been sick with a head cold which has made her (and her parents) miserable. Last night I came home to find a very tired wife, and a baby who just wanted to be held while she whimpered. I took us all out to IHOP for dinner, and tried to keep watch on them (more or less successfully). I ended up getting Elizabeth to sleep in her car seat. Sitting up was the only way she could sleep and breathe. She was still sleeping this morning when I left, and mother was dozing as well.

The weather is GORGEOUS, and was even cool this morning at 42 degrees. Leaves have started falling, and I'm hoping that perhaps we can go to the Greek Festival this weekend. Gina and I went last year and had a lot of fun doing so. We saw greek dancing, had GREAT greek food, perused arts and crafts, and generally just had a relaxing day. We also made "Big Fat Greek Wedding" jokes. Going this time and taking a baby is sure to get "oohs" and "ahhs".

My hope is to get out this week and take some pictures with my camera, as well as get some tasks finished around the house. A mirror needs to be hung, we need to call a handyman to do some repairs on our deck, and the yard could use some clean-up.

No comments: